How to install WordPress
Hoopla Hosting provides a single step installer for installing Wordpress on any of our Web Hosting plans.
To install Wordpress you must first login to cPanel (Please see Logging into cPanel)
- Select WordPress from the Softaculous Apps Installer menu in cPanel
- Click "Install" as circled in red.
- Choose Protocol: Select your protocol. In most cases this will be http://www
- Choose Domain: If you have multiple Domains in your cPanel account then change the domain to suit.
- In Directory: In most cases you will be installing WordPress to the root directory of your account and not a folder. If you wish WordPress to be installed to the root directory (http://www.example.com) then remove "wp" from the Directory. If you leave "wp" default then WordPress will be installed to http://www.example.com/wp
- Site Name: Change your Site Name to suit however you can change this from the WordPress Admin area later
- Site Description: Change your Site Description to suit however as above you can change this later.
- Enable Multisite: This is for reusing the same content in a WordPress installation across multiple domains/websites. The usecase for this is rare so only enable if you are 100% sure you require it.
- Admin Username: Do not use "admin" as it is the first account name that hackers will try and brute force
- Admin Password: Set a secure password here. Ensure it contains at least a number or special character.
- Admin Email: Enter your email address. This will be used for password resets and the address that WordPress will use to update you with information about things that have happened on your Blog.
- Limit Login Attempts: It is recommended that Loginizer is selected. This will install the plugin Loginizer which helps fight against brute force attacks.
- Once you have filled out all of the variables scroll down and click Install. You may also enter an email address for all the WordPress login information to be sent too. We recommend doing this.
- WordPress will begin installing and only take 30-45 seconds.
- WordPress is now installed. If you wish to remove WordPress (Maybe to reinstall?) You can do this from the Softaculous Apps Installer link within cPanel. On the top right click "All Installations" from there you can click the red X on the install you wish to remove.
Was this answer helpful?
To fix the following or similar error "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes...
To login to your WordPress admin control panel just add "/wp-admin" to the end of the URL in your...
All of our Shared Web Hosting and Reseller Servers support WordPress.For tips and tricks have a...